ASPCO offers screen printing classes to the public at large and its current members.
ASPCO has a roster of courses available for both beginners and intermediate students. Please select the class in which you wish to participate from the list below. Amanda McInerney, our VP of Education will contact you prior to the class to go over any questions you may have. For questions about our upcoming classes, please email Amanda directly.
Introduction to Screen Printing
Learn how to screen print at ASPCO’s studio with a new 6 color press, washout booth, paper printing tables and much more. Our Introduction to Screen Printing class is 4 weeks long. Students will learn everything from setting up your image to printing it on fabric and paper. No experience is necessary, but enthusiasm is 100% welcomed! The maximum class size is 6 students to make sure each student receives hands-on instruction. ASPCO provides all chemicals, emulsion, transparencies, screens, inks, paper and 1 tote bag.
- PRICE: $225 per person.
- STUDENT CLASS SIZE: 6 students maximum
- STUDENT RESPONSIBILITIES: Students are to provide blank t-shirts.
- SKILL LEVEL / PREREQUISITES: None!
2018 UPCOMING CLASS DATES:
- September – Monday nights – 3rd, 10th, 17th and 24th
- October – Monday nights – 1st, 8th, 15th and 22nd
Intermediate Screen Printing on Fabric
Students will learn how to register multiple colors on a 4 and 6 color press. Lectures and demos will cover ink modifiers, printing with a white underbase, using the flash unit and how to troubleshoot problems that can arise using the 6 and/or 4 color press. Handouts will be given for additional information.
- PRICE: $225 non-ASPCO members / $185 ASPCO members
- STUDENT CLASS SIZE: 4 students maximum
- STUDENT RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
- SKILL LEVEL / PREREQUISITES: Introduction to Screen Printing class or completion of a beginning screen printing class at a university/college, or experience working on a professional press within the past 2 years.
UPCOMING CLASS DATES:
- TBD please email Amanda for more information about this class.
Private instruction classes are occassionally available for those who are looking for more personalized instruction. The class is $300 for 6 hours and covers the same curriculum as the Introduction to Screen Printing class, but to a more detailed level. Private instruction is dependent on our instructor’s availability and are scheduled as such. Please email Amanda for more information about this class.
Refund/Cancellation Policy for ASPCO Classes & Workshops:
Students may request a refund or enroll in a different session up to 14 days before the start of their original scheduled class. Within 14 days of the start of class, no refunds are available. If a student is unable to complete all of the sessions in their class, at the discretion of the instructor, the student may attend those same sessions in a future workshop. No makeups or refunds will be made.
In the event a workshop does not fill adequately, ASPCO reserves the right to cancel the workshop or class within 7 days of the scheduled start date. The minimum enrollment for a workshop is 3 participants. In the event of a cancellation, full refunds will be offered to students.